I Have Found the Book of the Law
Questions for Study 16
2 Chronicles 34:1-35:26
Memory Verse: 34:24
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Josiah, King of Judah's Reforms (34:1-33)
1. How is Josiah's life described in verses 1-7? What did he set his mind on? (8-11) What is the temple of the Lord now and how can we build it up? (1 Cor. 3:16-17; and 2 Cor. 6:16) How did each have their duties? (12-13)
2. What did the high priest find as they were working on the temple? (8-10) What does this say about Judah in the preceding years? What did King Josiah do and say when he heard the Book of the Law was found? (19-28) Who did the priest go to when inquiring of the Lord? (22) What was the Lord's word to Josiah? (23-24) Why? Even though Judah has sinned what did the Lord tell Josiah? (26-28) How is that hope in our time?
3. How did the king and all the people respond to the word of the Lord? (29-33)
II. Josiah Celebrates the Passover (35:1-19)
4. Why did King Josiah call all the elders together? (1-6) What is Passover to the Israelites? (1; Exodus 12:26-27; Num. 9:1-3, 28:16-17, 33:3; Deut. 16:1) How did Jesus fulfill the Passover? (John 1:29, 1:35-36; and 1 Peter 1:18-20)
5. Why might the king provide the lamb offering for all the lay people? (7-9) Was this good or bad?
6. How was the service arranged? (10-15) Why might they have made preparations for themsevles?
7. What is the Feast of Unleavened Bread? (16-19) What was so unique about this Passover?
III. The Death of Josiah (35:20-27)
8. What happened to Josiah? (20-22) Why might Josiah have marched out against Egypt? What can we learn about the Lord from this?
9. What happened to King Josiah during the battle with Egypt?
10. Who was Jeremiah and what did he do for Josiah?