Manasseh and Amon King of Judah
Questions for Study 15
2 Chronicles 33:1-25
Memory Verse: 13
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF ASSYRIA.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE ASSYRIAN ATTACKS ON ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. Manasseh King of Judah (33:1-9)
1. How is King Manasseh's life described in verses 1-3? How did he desecrate the temple of the Lord? (4-5) How far from love did his religious practices bring him? (6) What does this say about people who refuse to worship the Lord?
2. What is a Asherah pole and where did he put it? (7-8) What had the Lord promised do if they kept his law? Did they listen to the Lord? (9)
II. Manasseah Repentance (33:10-20)
3. How did the Lord speak to his people? (10; 2 Kings 21:10-18) What did the Lord do when they refused to listen to him? (11) Was it to late for Manasseh? (12-13) What can we learn about the character of the LORD God?
4. When the Lord allowed Manasseh to return to Jerusalem and reistablish his rule what did the do to Jerusalem? (14) What did he do spiritually? (15-16) What can be learned about repentance?
5. Did the people of Judah change? (17) Did the Lord want his people to worship him at the high places? How can we apply this to our life?
6. What are verses 18 and 19 refering to?
7. What is verse 20 refering to?
8. What does the Bible mean by "rested with his fathers"? (20)
III. Amon King of Judah (33:21-25)
9. How is Amon's life described in verses 21-22? How was he different than his father? (23)
10. How had the people of Judah followed the sins of their king? (24-25)