Hear My Prayer for Israel
Questions for Study 1
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN THE INTRODUCTION.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE PERSIAN EMPIRE in 500 B.C.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW ISRAEL'S HISTORY FROM BABYLON TO ROMAN TIMES.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Nehemiah's Prayer (1:1-11)
1. Who wrote this book? What was he concerned about? (2) What was life like for those who returned to Jerusalem? (3)
2. How did Nehemiah react to the news about the Jewish remnant who went back? What does this show about him? What did he know was the reason for what had happened God's people? (5-7) What did he know about God?
3. What did God promise Israel? (8-9) What was he planning to do based on this fact? (10-11) What can be learned from him?
II. Artaxerxes Sends Nehemiah to Jerusalem (2:1-10)
4. Why was Nehemiah afraid? (1-2) What was the bold statement he made? How is sharing the gospel similar?
5. What kind of prayer must have Nehemiah made? Why was his request risky? (5) How was his faith blessed?
6. What else did he ask for? (7-8) How did the Lord honor his faith? (9) Who didn't like what Nehemiah was seeking to do?
III. Nehemiah Inspects Jerusalem's Walls (2:11-20)
7. Why might Nehemiah tell anyone in Jerusalem and the area surrounding it what he intended to do when he arrived? (11-12) What did he do after three days during the night? (13-15) Why might it be wise to sometimes not let others know what our plans are even if they are for God's kingdom? (16; Matt. 7:6, 21:27)
8. What did Nehemiah finally announce? (17) How might some react to this news?
9. Who did Nehemiah credit for his success so far? (18) How did the workers respond?
10. What did their neighbors say? How did Nehemiah respond? What can be learned? (Matt. 10:22, 24:9-13)