Wisdom is Better Than Strength
Questions for Study 8
Memory Verse: 11:5
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Wisdom Better Than Folly (9:13-18)
1. How are this world's priority skewed according to verses 13-16? How are Jesus' words like quiet words? (17) How does verse 18 help explain the state of things in this world?
II. Words From a Wise Man's Wealth (10:1-20)
2. How does verse 1 explain the need for a Savior even though we try to do what is right? How does verse 2 reveal the conflict inside? (Romans 7:14-25) How is the fruit of the fool's heart eventually revealed? (2; Matthew 7:15-20)
3. How can verse 4 be applied to soldiers of Christ? (Hebrews 12:7-11) What is a sign of a bad ruler and leader? (5-6) Why might a poor ruler do according to verse 7?
4. How can poor and/or sinful acts work against us? (8-9) How does verses 10-11 show the importance of preparation before working?
5. How does verse 12 help us discern? Why might a fool used many words? (13-14) What does verse 15 mean?
6. How does verses 16-17 explain the need to appoint proper elders and leaders? (Titus 1:5-9)
7. Why must we keep up the gospel work? (18) Why is money so important to everyone in this world? (19) When is it important to keep your thoughts to yourself?
III. Bread Upon Waters (11:1-6)
8. What does verse 1 have to do with the gospel work? How can verse 2 be applied to sharing the gospel? (Luke 16:8-9)
9. What principles that God established are stated in verses 3 and 4? How does verse 5 teach us about trusting God? How does verse 6 apply to doing gospel work by faith?