Those Who Love Ecclesiastes
Questions for Study 7
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. A King's Word is Supreme (8:2-8)
1. Who is our king and what does this mean? (2-4; Revelation 19:16) What is promised those who obey his command? (5-6) What is the proper time and procedure?
2. Do we know the details of our life? (7) How much control do we have over our time of death? (8) What then would be the wise thing to do?
II. The Truth of Life in This World (8:9-17)
3. What does it mean to lord over others? (9) What do such people seek? (10) What did Jesus say about this? (Matthew 20:25-28, 23:5-12)
4. How does fallen man see justice? When will it go better for God-fearing? (12) What will happen to the wicked?
5. What happens that doesn't make sense? (14) Since these things happen what do many do? (15) What does Jesus tell his people about this? (John 16:33; and 1 Peter 4:12-19)
6. When Solomon, the wisest man tried to understand what did he conclude? (16-17) What then is the wise course of life? (John 13:34-35, 15:1-4)
III. A Common Destiny For All (9:1-12)
7. What can we have confidence in? (1) What is true of all men? (2) Since the righteous are in God's hands and we all die, why is it wise to live by faith in Jesus?
8. What is the nature of fallen man's heart? (3) What is our hope? (4; and 1 Corinthians 15:19-21) What is the hope of those who are not in Christ? (5-6)
9. What is the life philosophy of the godless? (7-10) What did Paul have to say about this? (1 Corinthians 15:32-34)
10. Can all our planning and preparing ensure a good outcome? (11) Is a happy and good life ensured? (12) Why is faith in Jesus a sure foundation to build our life on? (Matthew 7:24-27)