The Lord in the Temple
Questions for Study 3
2 Chronicles 7:1-9:31
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM AND THE TEMPLE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM BABYLON TO ROMAN EMPIRES.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE OF ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MAPS OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
I. The Lord Appears to Solomon (7:1-22)
1. What happened when Solomon finished praying? (1-13) When had the Lord revealed himself like this before? (Exodus 19:16-19, 40:34-38, Lev. 9:23-24, Num. 9:15-16, 11:1, 20:6) When was the last recorded time the Israelites had saw glory of the Lord before the temple's dedication? (1 Sam. 4:22)
2. What did Solomon and all the people do? (4-10) What event does this event foreshadow? (Matt. 26:64)
3. After Solomon finishing his construction projects what did the Lord do? (11-12) What did he tell him about the temple? (13-16; 1 Kings 9:3) How is Jesus' promise to us similar? (John 14:20-23)
4. What is integrity of heart and uprightness and what do they bring? (17-18) What happens when people reject God and his promises? (19-22) What is the Lord sure to make known to the nations if his people reject him? (8-9) Is this true to this day? (Matt. 13:40-43, 47-50, 22:11-14, 24:48-51, 25:28-30)
II. Solomon's Reign (8:1-18)
5. What did Solomon rebuild? (1-6) Why might this have happened? (1 Kings 9:10-14) Was this a good thing? (Luke 6:38; Matt. 6:3-4)
6. What is slavery (conscripted) labor? (7-8) Who were Solomon's forced labor? What did he make them do? Who were the Israelites? (22-23) What would this eventually lead to? (1 Kings 12:12-15)
7. Who was Solomon's wife? (11) What did Solomon continue to do? (12-15)
III. The Queen of Sheba Visit's Solomon (9:1-31)
8. Who was the queen of Sheba and what compelled her to visit Solomon? (1) How did Solomon receive her? (2) What did she discover? (3-4) How did she describe a country lead by wisdom given by the Lord? Who did she praise? (8) Why might she give a gift to Solomon? (9) How did he respond in kind? (10-12)
9. How did the Lord bless Solomon when he sought to obey the Lord and worship him? (13-14) What did Jesus have to say about this? (Matt. 6:25-34) Review all that Solomon had and did as recorded in verses 16-19. What stands out?<
10. Where else was Solomon's life recorded? How long did he reign in Jerusalem?