The Ark in the Temple
Questions for Study 2
2 Chronicles 5:1-6:42
Memory Verse: 6:36-39
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM AND THE TEMPLE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM BABYLON TO ROMAN EMPIRES.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE OF ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MAPS OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
I. The Ark Brought to the Temple (5:1-14)
1. For what event were all the elders of Israel required to attend? (1-2) When was it? (3; 1 Kings 8:2; Lev. 23:23-27, 33-34)
2. Who carried the ark and the tabernacle and why them? (7-10; 1 Kings 8:3-5; Num. 4:15; and 1 Chron. 15:15; and 2 Sam. 6:6-7) Where did they place the ark? What was the significance of the two stone tablets? (10; Deut. 5:22)
3. What happened when the priests left the Holy Place? (11-14) When had the Lord revealed himself like this before? (Exodus 19:16-19, 40:34-38, Lev. 9:23-24, Num. 9:15-16, 11:1, 20:6) When was the last recorded time the Israelites had saw glory of the Lord before the temple's dedication? (1 Sam. 4:22)
II. The Temple is Dedicated (6:1-1)
4. What are the main points of Solomon's blessing? (1-11; 1 Kings 8:14-21) What event does this event foreshadow? (Matt. 26:64)
III. Solomon's Prayer of Dedication (6:12-42)
5. How did Solomon pray? (12-13) How did he address God and compare it to the prayer Jesus taught his disciples? (14; Matt. 6:9)
6. What was Solomon's first prayer topic and compare it to what the Lord told Solomon? (15-17, 7:17-18; 1 Kings 6:11-12) Who did he credit for being king? What was the promise the Lord made to David? (2 Sam. 7:5-16)
7. What was Solomon's second prayer topic and compare it to what the Lord told Solomon? (18; 1 Kings 6:13) What does the Bible teach about God? (Gen. 1:1, 2:4; Exodus 34:5-7; Deut. 33:26-27; and 1 Sam. 2:2; and 2 Chron. 14:11) How is God able to dwell on earth? (Gen. 18:1, 7-10; Heb. 1:3; Col. 1:15-17; John 8:58; Exodus 3:13-15; Matt. 22:41-45; Mark 10:27, 14:61-64; Gen. 3:8-9)
8. Even though the glory of the Lord had shown in the temple what did Solomon ask? (19-21) When the Lord hears his servant what did Solomon want first and foremost? (21)
9. What is the first reason a man might go to the Lord in prayer? (22-23) What was a person to do when they wrong their neighbor? What does this mean since Jesus' death and resurrection and the sending of the Holy Spirit? What was the second? (24-25) What is the third reason? (26-27) What is the fourth reason? What is the fifth reason? What is the sixth reason? What is the seventh reason?
10. What was Solomon's final prayer topic? (40-42)