Questions for Study 2
Memory Verse: 3:17
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF ASSYRIA.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF BABYLON.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Against Philistia, Moab, Ammon, Cush, and Assyria (2:4-15)
1. Where was Gaza, Ashkelon, Ashdod, and Ekron? Where were Kereth and Canaan? (5-6) Who will be the future owners of these lands? (7)
2. Who were the Moabites and Ammonites? (8; Gen. 19:36-38; Num. 22:4-6) What happened to Sodom and Gomorrah? (9; Gen. 18:20-21, 32, 19:24-25) What had Lot's descendants not learned from Sodom? (10) When will most in the generation alive when Jesus come learn the truth? (11)
3. Who were the Cushites" (12) Who were the Assyrians? (13) What will their land be like?
II. My Scattered People (3:1-13)
4. Who does chapter three's prophecy concern? (14) What kind of life did the people within the Lord's chosen city live? (1-2) What were the religious and civil leaders like? (3-4)
5. What was the contrast between the Lord and the people in his chosen city? (5) what had the Lord done to the cities around Jerusalem? (6) How did it's people respond?
6. What is the Lord's response to the stubborn heart of those he calls but who reject him? (8) What will he do after that and why will he do it? (9) Why are God's scattered people shamed? (10-11) What is promised them?
7. How are those who call on the name of the Lord described in verse 12? What is promised them? How does Jesus give us encouragement like this? (John 14:26-27, 16:33)
III. The King is With You (3:14-20)
8. What are we encouraged to do in verse 14? Why? (15) Who and/or what are our greatest enemies? (1 Cor. 15:24-27)
9. What is revealed about the Lord God in verses 16-17? What does verse 18 mean? What are the appointed feasts? (Lev. 23)
10. What does the Lord promise his oppressed people in verses 19-20? When will this be fulfilled?