Those Who Love Song of Solomon
Questions for Study 3
Song of Solomon 3:6-5:1
Memory Verse: 3:6
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. King Solomon (3:6-11)
1. What does the bride see coming to her? (6) Who is it and who is with him? (7-8) How is this similar to Jesus second coming? (Joel 2:11; Matthew 16:27, 24:27-31, 25:31-33, Matthew 26:63-64; Revelation 19:11-16)
2. What was Solomon in when he came for his bride? (9-10) What did his bride want all Jerusalem to see? (11)
II. Lover (4:1-15)
3. How does the king describe his brides face? (1-3) And her torso? (4-5)
4. Where was the king going and what did he want of his bride? (6-8) When she looked to him what happened? (9) What was the one thing he wanted more than any other? (10) How is this true of God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ?
5. How did the king describe his brides lips? (11) How can our lips be pleasing to our Lord? (Psalm 8:1-2, 34:1-3, 51:15; Ephesians 5:19-20; Hebrews 13:15)
6. What does the king compare his bride to in verses 11 and 15? What fine things does he say are in her? (13-14) How are our prayers like this? (Ephesians 6:18; Revelation 5:8, 8:3-4)
III. Exchange Between Beloved, Lover, and Friends (4:16-5:1)
7. What did the bride want to happen? (16) How can we do likewise? (John 15:16-17; Galatians 5:22-26; Colossians 1:6b, 10) How? (John 15:1-8)
8. How did the bridegroom show his joy? (5:1)