Peace With God
Questions for Study 4
Memory Verse: 1
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. The Results of Justification Through Faith (1-11)
1. According to verse 1, what is the first and most basic result of being justified through faith? What does this mean? (9,10) What does it mean in our practical lives to have peace with God? (For further thought see Isa. 26:3; 32:17; Jn. 14:27; Jer. 8:11)
2. Look at verses 2 and 3. What is the second result of justification? What are the things in which we rejoice? What is the source of our joy? How do our hopes change?
3. What is the attitude toward suffering of people who do not know Jesus? What should be our attitude? (3-5) Why? (1 Peter 1:7; 3:17; 4:13) What other fruit does suffering produce in one who has been justified through faith?
4. What should we remember about our lives before we were justified through faith? (6, 8, 9, 10) What makes people so powerless?
5. What did God do with such ungodly people? (6-8) Why? What is our assurance? (9,10) What should be our attitude toward God's grace?
II. Death Through Adam, Life Through Christ (12-21)
6. Read verses 12-21. What do these verses teach about the crucial importance of one man? About the relationship between pride, disobedience, sin and death? About obedience, the gift of righteousness, grace and life?