Fear the Lord
Questions for Study 6
Memory Verse: 13
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Assyria, The Lord's Instrument (1-10)
1. What was on a legal document created by the Lord? (1-2) Why was Isaiah's son to have the same name as on the contract? (3-4) Why might the Lord need to take such drastic measures to make his point?
2. What is the "gently flowing waters of Shiloah"? (5-6) And Rezin? How do all even today have the same choice? (Matt. 11:28-30; Luke 12:4-10)
3. What did the Lord promise would happen because they have rejected him? (7-8) What did the Lord compare Assyria to?
4. What did the Lord say to the nations? (9) Why would Assyria invade Judah but not completely take it over? (10) What can be learned about the Lord discipline and patience?
II. Fear the Holy Lord Almighty (11-17)
5. What does it mean that the Lord's strong hand was upon Isaiah? What is a conspiracy and what was Judah calling one? (12)
6. Who are we to fear? What would happen to both houses of Israel? (14-15) How did Jesus fulfill this? (28:16; Rom. 9:30-33; 1 Peter 2:7-8)
7. What does verse 16 mean? Even though the Lord hide his face from sinful Jacob what did Isaiah claim? (17) How is faith in the mist of trial and troubles an expression of love? (Rom. 5:3-5)
III. Signs and Symbols (18-22)
8. Who are signs and symbols? (18) How are we signs? (Heb. 2:10-15)
9. Who do people go to for advice instead of asking God? (19) What is the problem with this? (20) What has God given us as a guide in life? How does the Holy Spirit use this too? (John 14:25-27)
10. When trouble comes because of sin, what do sinful people do? Does this help them? How will this happen in greater numbers when God's great wrath is poured on earth? (Rev. 16:9, 11, 21)