Go Show Your Love to Your Wife
Questions for Study 2
Memory Verse: 23
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE KINGDOMS OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF ASSYRIA.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW CHART SHOWING THE FEAST.
I. The Lord's Judgment of Israel (2:2-13)
1. What are the children of the adultery to proclaim to their mother? (2) What will happen if they don't? (3) What happened to the children of the adultery? (4)
2. What was the motive to break the marriage vow? (5) What was done to stop her from adultery? (6) When she could not find what she set out, what did he decide to do? (7)
3. What did she forget? (8) What was the response of her husband? (9) Why might the Lord expose Israel's lewdness? (10)
4. What would he do to the feasts he gave Israel? (11) Will Israel be allowed to eat from the Lord's gift to her? (12) What could no longer be avoided for unfaithful Israel? (13)
II. The Lord's Restoration of Israel (2:14-23)
5. During the time of punishment what will the Lord do? (14) What will be the result? (15) What does "in that day" mean? What will happen and what will Israel forget? (16-17)
6. When will verse 18 be fulfilled? What kind of a relationship will we have with the Lord then? (19-20)
7. What else in prophesied about Jesus' reign in verses 21-22?
III. The Faithful Husband (3:1-5)
8. What did the Lord tell Hosea to do so he would understand what the Lord just said he would do for Israel? (1) Did he obey? Why would he need to buy her and what can we learn about what the Lord did for us?
9. What agreement did Hosea set with his unfaithful wife? (3) How is this like the relationship we now have with Jesus? ()
10. How does verse 4 reveal the northern tribes' generations following Hosea? What is predicted to happen? What can be learned of the discipline and love of the Lord?