Achievement and Wealth
Questions for Study 5
Memory Verse: 7
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. In Awe of God (5:1-7)
1. What should be our attitude when we approach God? (1) Why should we be hasty to speak before God? When is it hard to find what to pray for? (3; Romans 8:26-27)
2. If we make a vow to God what is important? (4) What can we learn about the Lord who keeps his vows and wants us to keep our vows? (5; Proverbs 20:25) How does verse 6 reveal the importance of keeping vows? (6) What should be at the heart of worship; words, vows, or awe? (7)
II. Wealth Meaningless (5:8-20)
3. What should all officials remember? (8) Does blessings affect only one person? (9) Why is it important to know we do not live alone? (Ephesians 4:29-32; and 1 Timothy 6:17-19)
4. What is the problem of greed and love of money? (10) What is the trap of materialism? (11) How does material priorities affect a person's sleep? (12)
5. Is wealth dependable? (13-14) What is a good approach to our work? (15) Will any occupation bring complete satisfaction? (16-17)
6. Should the troubles of working keep us from doing so? (18; and 2 Thess. 3:8-13) Why should we be content in our labor? (19; Philippians 4:11-13; and 1 Timothy 6:6-10) What does verse 20 say about worrying and peace? (20; Matthew 6:25-27; Philippians 4:4-7)
III. The Time Man Walks on the Earth (6:1-12)
7. What burden accompanies wealth, possessions, and honor? (1-2) What does verse 3-6 say about the important of rest? How does the Sabbath day stress the need for rest in God? (Exodus 16:22-23; Jeremiah 17:22; John 5:16-18)
8. What is the pitfall of working for the stomach? (7; and 1 Corinthians 6:12-13; Philippians 3:19-21) What are the answers and conclusion to the questions in verse 8? What does verse 9 mean?
9. If we can not contend with someone stronger what can we do? (10) How is simple words often better than complicated words? (11)
10. Who should we see to see what is good in this life?