My Son Whom I Love
Questions for Study 1
2 Peter 1:1-21
Memory Verse: 17
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN THE INTRODUCTION.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE.
I. Greetings (1:1-2)
1. Who is the sender of this letter? Who is the recipient? How are they identified?
2. Where can we obtain grace and peace? (2, John 17:3) Why list both? why that order? What does this personally mean to you?
II. Make Effort (1:3-11)
3. Does a Christian need anything for life and godliness? (3a) Why or why not? (3b) How did God do this? (3c)
4. What has come through God's glory and goodness? (4) Why did he give us these?
5. What does the qualities in verses 5-7 begin and end with? What does the fact that we are encouraged to make every effort tells us? (3:14; Luke 13:24; Heb. 4:11) If we possess these what will happen? (8) If we lack even one of these qualities what has happened to us? (9) How does remembering what Jesus did for us help us seek these qualities?
6. What is our calling and election? (10a; 1 Peter 2:9-10, 2:21-22, 3:8-9) What does it mean to make it sure? What kind of welcome can we look forward to if we make every effort? (10b-11) How does Jesus' teaching in Matthew 10:32-33 help us understand this?
III. The Power and Coming of Our Lord Jesus Christ (1:12-21)
7. What can we do to help others and ourselves grow in these qualities? (12-15) What is our present body like and what can we learn from this? (1 Cor. 15:42-44)
8. What does Peter tell us about Jesus' next arrival? When did Peter see what Jesus will look like when he comes again? (17-18; Matt. 17:4-6)
9. What is the word of the prophets compared to? (19) How is this true in our hearts?
10. How is prophecy different than this Bible study? (20) Why is this so?