I Have Found The Book of the Law
Questions for Study 14
2 Kings 21:1-22:20
Memory Verses: 1
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF ASSYRIA.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. I.Manasseh King of Judah (21:1-18)
1. How is King Manasseh's life described in verses 1-3? How did he desecrate the temple of the Lord? (4-5) How did he desecrate the temple of the Lord? (4-5) How far from love did his religious practices bring him? (6) What does this say about people who refuse to worship the Lord?
2. What is a Asherah pole and where did he put it? (7-8) What had the Lord promised do if they kept his law?
3. What was going to happen to Jerusalem because of Manasseh's sins? (10-15) How does this show us the importance of preaching the gospel?
4. What must have life been like under such oppressive religious practices? (16-18) How does this explain the rise of violence in our time?
II. Amon King of Judah (21:19-26)
5. How is Amon's life described in verses 19-22? How had the people of Judah followed the sins of their king? (23-26)
III. Great is the Lord's Anger (22:1-20)
6. How is Josiah's life described in verses 1-2? What did he set his mind on? (3-7) What is the temple of the Lord now and how can we build it up? (1 Cor. 3:16-17; and 2 Cor. 6:16)
7. What did the high priest find as they were working on the temple? (8-10) What does this say about Judah in the preceding years? What did King Josiah do and say when he heard the Book of the Law was found? (11-13) How did the priest go to to inquire of the Lord? (14)
8. What was the Lord's word to Josiah? (15-16) Why?
9. Even though Judah has sinned what did the Lord tell Josiah? (18-19) How is that hope in our time?
10. What is the Lord's word to Josiah? How does this show the kindness of the Lord and the importance of leaders who love the Lord?