God Reconciled Us
Questions for Study 4
2 Corinthians 5:1-6:2
Memory Verse: 10
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Forgiveness (5:1-10)
1. How did Paul use his tent making skills as an illustration of God's promise? (1; Acts 18:3) What do we wait for? (2) How are we clothed? (3; Rev. 7:14)
2. When will our mortal body be swallowed up by life? (4; and 1 Cor. 15:42-44) What is a deposit and why are they given? (5) How does the presence of the Holy Spirit assure us of our future? (6)
3. What does it mean to live by faith? (7; Gal. 2:20) How does faith in Jesus give Christians a different perspective than people in the world? (8)
4. What aspect of life is no different whether in this world or in heaven? (9)
5. What should Christians always remember about their future? (10; Luke 9:26) How will some who claimed to believe in Jesus and yet their life did not reflect their faith be shocked when they stand before Jesus' judgement seat? (Matt. 25:28-30)
II. A New Creation (5:11-6:2)
6. What is fear of the Lord? (11a) How does understanding of God's judgment compel us to preach the gospel?
7. What is more important; that which is seen or in the heart? (11b-12) How does verse 12 point out the different between false and true religion? What should compel us to preach the gospel? (13-14) Why?
8. Who do we live for? (15) What is to be our perspective? (16) How does verse 17 help us understand the difference between an world point of view and a godly point of view?
9. What does it mean to be reconciled to God? (18-19) How did God do it? How do we participate in this work of God? How do we participate in this work of God?
10. How are Christians like ambassadors? (20) Who does verse 21 refer to? (Heb. 4:14-15) How could a person received God's grace in vain? (6:1-2) What them should all do?