King Ahaz and King Hezekiah
Questions for Study 12
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF ASSYRIA.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE ASSYRIAN ATTACKS ON ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. Ahaz King of Judah (28:1-16
1. What detestable act did Ahaz king of Judah commit? (1-4) Who attacked Judah? (5-8) How did they respond? (12-15)
2. Who did Ahaz seek for help? (16-21) How was this a poor spiritual and political decision? (Gen. 15:1; Deut. 33:29; Psalm 119:113-115)
3. What did Ahaz do that was against the covenant with the Lord? (22-23) How else did Ahaz desecrate the temple of the Lord? (24-25) Why is it important to worship the Lord in his way alone? (John 4:23-24; Eph. 5:19-20; Col. 3:15-17)
II. Hezekiah King of Judah (29:1-36)
4. How was Hezekiah's life described? (1-2) What temple reforms did he order and what did he have to say about their fathers? (3-14) How did the priests respond?
5. What did the king and officials do as soom as the temple was properly purified? (20-24) What can we learn to do to start anew? How is music always a part of worship in the Bible and in our lives? (25-28) Where the offerings forced? (31) How were the offerings presented?
III. Hezekiah Celebrates the Passover (30:1-27)
6. What is the Passover and way was it important to Israel? How did Jesus change the Passover?
7. What was the king's approach to presenting repentance to all those who were left in the land that use to be part of Solomon's kingdom?? (6-9) What does Hezekiah sending couriers into both Judah and what use to be Israel show about his faith?
8. What is the Feast of Unleavened Bread? (13; Ex. 12:17-20, 2:15, 34:18; Lev. 23:4-8; Duet. 16:16-17) How did they prepare for it? (14)
9. When they celebrated the Passover properly how did the Lord respond? (15-20) What was the atmosphere during the Feast of Unleavened Bread? (21)
10. How did the king respond to those who showed good understanding of the service of the Lord? (22) Did the king come to the worship service empty handed? (23-27) What can we learn how to please God in our worship?