Kings Amaziah, Uzziah, and Jotham
Questions for Study 11
2 Chronicles 25:1-27:9
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERNG PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF ASSYRIA.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE ASSYRIAN ATTACKS ON ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. Amaziah King of Judah (25:1-28)
1. What kind of king was Amaziah? (1-2) What was the first and second things he did as king? (3-6)
2. What did the prophet of the Lord tell king Amaziah? (7) Why? What question did the king have? DId he obey? What was the outcome?
3. What did the Israelites who were sent back do? (13) What foolish thing did king Amaziah do? (14) What did the prophet tell him? How did he respond? What does this tell us about what happens if we turn are backs on God and his truth?
4. Was Ahaziah's challenge to their brothers, the Israelites righteous? (17-19) What was the result? (20-24) How did the kings of Israel and Judah who fought each other end up?
II. Uzziah King of Judah (26:1-23)
5. How is the times of Uzziah (Azariah) described? (1-5)
6. Who did King Uzziah go to war against and why was he successful? (6-8) Why might he be building the defenses of Jerusalem? (9-10) What else did he have the people do and why? (11-15)
7. What brought about king Uzziah's downfall? (16-18) What did the priests tell him? How is Uzziah's response a good example of what pride does to a person? (19-20)
III. Jotham King of Judah (27:1-9)
8. How is Uzziah's response a good example of what pride does to a person? (19-20) What does the fact that Uzziah was unable to enjoy his success warn us about spiritual pride? (21) Who was the prophet Issiah and what did he have to say about this time? (22-23)
9. How is the life of King Jotham described? (1-4) Why might he be building up the defenses of Jerusalem?
10. Who did Jotham go to war against? (5) Why might he do this? Why was he so successful? (6)