Taught By God to Love One Another
Questions for Study 3
1 Thessalonians 4:1-18
Memory Verse: 9
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Living to Please the Lord (4:1-8)
1. What should we remember that our lifestyle do? (1) Where can we find how to do this? (2) What is some of the ways that we can do this?
2. What does it mean to be sanctified? (3) What does God consider sexual immorality? Is it possible for us to avoid sexual immorality? (4) What does the fact that it must be learned imply about the sinful nature?
3. How is the Christ-like way of life opposite of the worldly life? (5) Why does the world let their passions rule them?
4. How is sexual immorality doing wrong to a brother in the Lord? (6) Who will the Lord punish for sexual immorality?
5. What does Paul repeat in verse 7 and how does this show its importance? Where does this warning come from? (8) How does the Holy Spirit help us live a holy life?
II. Love One Another (4:9-13)
6. What does God teach us? (John 13:34-35) Where was Macedonia and what does this apply about the early churches?
7. What is a quiet life? What does it mean "to mind your own business"? Why might some who claim to be Christians need to hear that they are to work with their hands?
8. What is the desired outcome of the three things mentioned in verse 11? (12) Is this a selfish ambition?
III. The Lord Himself Will Come Down From Heaven (4:13-18)
9. What does the phrase mean "fall asleep"? What is the worldly response to a loved one's death? Why? How is it possible for Christians to respond in grief?
10. What is a core belief of Christians? (14) Will some Christians be on the earth when Jesus comes again? (15) When Jesus comes again how will he awake those who have already died? (16) After the dead in Christ are raised, what will happen to those who had not died yet? (17a) What will happen to all those who meet Christ Jesus in the air? (17b) What are we instructed to do with this truth?