David Brings the Ark to Jerusalem
Questions for Study 8
1 Chronicles 13:1-16:43
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF DAVID'S CONQUESTS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM AND THE TEMPLE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM BABYLON TO ROMAN EMPIRES.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE OF ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MAPS OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
I. David's First Attempt to Bring the Ark of the Lord to Jerusalem (13:1-14:17)
1. What did David ask Israel? (1-3) What was their response? (4) Who did David call together? (5) Why was this so important for all Israel to know throughout histor?
2. Describe the procession while the Ark was moved from Hebron to Jerusalem. (6-8) What can we learn about worship and praise? (Eph. 5:19-20, Col. 3:15-17)
3. Why did Uzzah die? (9-10; 1 Sam. 6:19; Num. 4:15; and 1 Chron. 15:15) How did David respond? (11-13) What did God teach? (14)
4. What do David's alliance with Hiram and David's taking more concubines and wives tell us about the customs of the age? (15:1-7) Why was it important for David to know God's will upon himself and his kingdom? (2)
5. What else did have to deal with at this time? When the Philistines came to attack and kill David what did he do? Who did David credit for the victory? What can we learn how battles are won?
II. David's Second Attempt to Bring the Ark of the Lord to Jerusalem (15:1-29)
6. Why did David again decide to bring that ark to Jerusalem? (2 Samuel 6:12) How much different was David in bring the ark this time? (15:1-15) What can we learn about worship and praise? (15:16-24, Heb. 12:28-29) What did David do as the Ark moved through Jerusalem? (25-28)
7. What was the real reason for Michal's contempt for David? (29, 2 Samuel 6:16) What was her pretended reason? (2 Samuel 6:20) What was the outcome? (2 Samuel 6:23)
III. David's and the People's Joy (16:1-43)
8. Where did the ark of God set in Jerusalem? (16:1) What did David do? (2-4) What were the priests to do? What can be learned about communion with God?
9. Review David's psalm. (7-36) What topics does it cover? How is the Lord revealed? How is the Lord's relationshp with Israel revealed?
10. What were to responsibilities of the Levites and priests? (37-43) What is the difference between the tabernacle and the temporary structure for the ark? (39)