The Final Four Visions
Questions for Study 2
Memory Verse: 4:6
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM BABYLON TIMES TO ROMAN OCCUPATION OF JUDAH.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE PERSIAN EMPIRE.
I. Two Olive Trees (4:1-14)
1. What did Zechariah see? (1-2) What is the source of power for God's people? (4-6; Acts 1:8) What hard was the building of the temple? (7)
2. How would they know that the Lord sent Zechariah to encourage the temple's completion? (8-9) If the Lord sees everything going on in the world can we be assured he sees what's happening in our lives? What did Jesus teach us about this? (Matt. 10:29-31)
3. What was Zechariah persistent in knowing? (11-12) What did he find out? What is the meaning behind the trees, branches, pipes, oil, and lamp stands? (Rev. 1:12-20, Matt. 5:14-16)
II. The Flying Scroll (5:1-4)
4. What did Zechariah see next? (1-2) What was written on it? (3) What does it mean?
III. The Women in a Basket (5:5-11)
5. What did Zechariah see next? (5-6) What was inside it? (7) What did she represent?
6. Who lifted the basket up? Where was it going? What does this vision mean?
IV. The Four Chariots (6:1-8)
7. What did Zechariah see next? (1) Where did they come from? What were the color of the horses?
8. What were the chariots? (4-5) Where were they going? What can we learn about the Lord through this?
9. What happened to when the chariot with black horses went to the north? What might this mean?