The Danites Search for a Place to Live
Questions for Study 17
Memory Verse: 8:1
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF CANAAN.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S JUDGES.
I. Go, Explore the Land (18:1-6)
1. Had the Danites been able to conquer the land promised them? (1; Joshua 19:40-48) Who did the Danites' exploratory company come upon while looking for a place for the Danites? (2) See the previous study for more on Micah. Why would the Danites find it strange to find a Levite in Micah's house? (3)
2. How did the young priest see his purpose for living? (4) What did the men want to know? (5)
II. The Danites Steals Micah's Religion (18:7-21)
3. Who did the five explorers find as a good place to conquer? (7-8) What did they tell their relatives? (9-10) Was this the land the Lord had been given them? What did they do anyway (11-13)
4. What did the army of the Danites do before they went into battle? (14-17) How would this lead to their downfall? (1 Kings 12:28-30)
5. What did the Micah's priest say? (18) How did the priest respond to their sin? (19-21) How do people today make their own religion while still calling themselves followers of Jesus?
III. Laish Is Taken and Becomes the Danites Home (18:22-31)
6. How did the Danites respond to the Micah's actions? (22-23) How did Micah think their actions ridiculous? (24) How does this show fallen man's state?<
7. What further sin did Dan commit in finding a place for them to dwell? (25-26) How might this have been avoided if all Israel had obeyed the Lord and taken over all of Canaan?
8. Was their quest a success? (27-28) How does the author point out Dan's sin? (29-31)