Jesus, the Streams of Living Water
Questions for Study 9
Key Verse: 7:38
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JESUS' MID-MINISTRY TRAVELS
I. My Time has not yet Come (1-10)
1. Why did Jesus avoid going to Judea? What had happened there before? (See chapter 5)
2. What did the Feast of Tabernacles celebrate? Why did everyone go to Jerusalem to celebrate it? (Deuteronomy. 16:13-16; Lev. 23:33-43)
3. What did Jesus' brothers want him to do? Why? What does the author say about Jesus brothers? (5) What does this mean?
4. Why did Jesus say, "My time has not yet come?" What kind of opportunity was Jesus waiting for? Why does the world hate Jesus? Why did He first stay in Galilee, then later go to the Feast?
II. My Teaching is from God (11-24)
5. Who was watching for him in Jerusalem? (11) What conflicting things did the people say about Jesus? (12,13) When did he make a public appearance? What was the Jews' response to his teaching?
6. What evidence did Jesus give to prove that his teachings was fro God? (16-18) How can one know the will of God? What shows that Jesus himself chose to do God's will? What shows that Jesus was a man of truth?
7. How did Jesus show the Jews their own inconsistency in keeping the law? (Who do the Jews refer to in this Gospel of John? Is John anti-Jews?) How did Jesus practice what he taught? (21-24)
III. Is Jesus The Christ (25-36)
8. What was the people's real controversy about Jesus? (25-26; 30-31; 41-43) What did Jesus say about himself?
IV. Is Jesus the Christ? (37-44)
9. What did Jesus stand and say on the last day of the Feast? Why are his words appropriate to the people who are remembering their experiences in the desert wilderness?
10. What is he offering to those who are not satisfied with superficial judgment or superficial relationship? How can we accept his offer practically?