Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand
Questions for Study 7
Key Verse: 6:5
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF GALILEE.
I. "Where Shall we buy Bread?" (1-9)
1. Where and when did this event take place? (1)
2. Who was with Jesus? (3) Why did the multitude follow him? (2,4)
3. What did Jesus ask Philip? (5) What was his reason for asking? What did Jesus have in mind to do? (6) In what respect do you think he was testing Philip?
4. What was Philip's answer? (7) What kind of person is Philip? Did Philip understand Jesus? Did he pass Jesus' test? Why?
5. Why did Andrew do and say? (8) In what way was Andrew's attitude and way of thinking different from that of Philip? (9) What do we learn from Andrew?
II. "Have the People sit Down." (10)
6. What did Jesus instruct his disciples to do? (10) Why? What is the significance of his instruction?
III. Jesus then Took the Loaves (11-15)
7. What did Jesus do? (11) Why did he give thanks? What can we learn here?
8. What was the result? (12) How does the author show the abundance of Jesus' provision for the crowd?
9. Why did Jesus not accept their offer of being their king? (14-15)
10. What can we learn from this event about Jesus? Think especially about his car of the crowds, about his power of sufficient supply for the needy 5,000, and about his training of his disciples.
IV. Jesus Walks on the Water (16-24)
11. Why do you think Jesus had not yet joined his disciples? (16; Matthew 14:22,23) Why were the disciples terrified? (18-19) How did Jesus comfort his disciples? (20) See what differences Jesus made on his disciples. (21)
12. What did the crowd realize? (22) How eagerly did the crowd search for Jesus? (23-24) What do you learn here about the crowd?