Questions for Study 2
Memory Verse: 2
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF BABYLON.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Stand in Awe of the Lord (3:1-7)
1. After receiving the Lord's answers what did Habakkuk do? (1, 19b) What did he want to make known? (2) What does "in wrath remember mercy" imply?
2. What was Habakkuk remembering in verse 3? How did the Lord reveal himself at that time? (4; Exo. 19:18-19) How will Jesus second coming be like this? (Ex. 19-20 with Hebrews 12:18-29; Joshua 5-6)
3. What divine punishment was before and after him? (5) How did the earth respond to the Lord's coming? (Gen. 25:2, 37:28,36; Ex. 2:15; Num. 10:29-32, 25:1-18, 31:3; Jud. 6:3; and 2 Chron. 21:16) How does this foreshadow Jesus' second coming? (Luke 21:10-11; Rev. 6:12-17)
II. The Lord's Victory (3:8-13)
4. What are the answers to the questions in verse 8? What events in Habakkuk's past are similar to verses 8 through 10? (Gen. 7:17-20; Exo. 15:7-8; Jos. 3:15-16) How is the flood similar to when Jesus will come again? (Gen. 6:5-8; Matt. 24:36-41)
5. What else happened when the Lord fights on behalf of his people? (11) When was the only time this happened? (Jos. 10:12-14)
6. What does it mean to thresh the nations? (12; Matt. 3:11-12)
III. The Sovereign Lord is My Strength (3:14-19)
7. What did the Lord do on behalf of his people? (14) What does he recall again?
8. What was Habakkuk's response to the Lord's revelation when he accepted it? (16) What would he do by faith?
9. In spite of coming complete calamity what did Habakkuk confess? (17-18)
10. How did the Lord bless Habakkuk after his confession of faith?