We Will Reap a Harvest
Questions for Study 6
Memory Verse: 15
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Carry Each Other's Burdens (1-6)
1. Who is Paul addressing in verse 1? Can a brother sin? How should the spiritual deal with that person? What is possible for the spiritual according to 1b?
2. What is the burdens mentioned in verse 2? What is the law of Christ? (John 13:34)
3. Considering this whole letter, who thought they were somebody? (3) How can we test our own actions? (4-5; Mark 4:9) Verse 2 states we are to carry each other's burden; then whose load does verse 5 state we should carry? What does this mean? (Matt. 11:28-30)
4. What does verse 6 mean?
II. A Man Reaps What He Sows (7-10)
5. According to verse 7 can a brother be deceived? Why mention that now? What does it mean "God cannot be mocked"?
6. What can a brother look forward to based on how he lives his life now? (8) According to verse 9, what might happen if we give up on doing good? Why might a brother grow weary in doing good? (Matt. 5:10-12)
7. Who are we to do good to? (10a) In doing good to all people who do some believers forget to do good to? (10b)
III. A New Creation (11-18)
8. Why might Paul give notice to his writing style? (11)
9. What were some trying to avoid? Why would being circumcised stop persecution? How can that be applied in our day? What other benefit do they get? (13)
10. What is the cross of Christ to us? (14) How often do you boast about the cross of Christ? What is the new creation? (15-16) What can we learn from Paul's final greetings?