To Rescue us From This Present Evil Age
Questions for Study 1
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE TO GALATIANS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN INTRODUCTION TO GALATIANS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PAUL'S FIRST AND SECOND MISSIONARY TRIPS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PAUL'S THIRD MISSIONARY TRIP.
I. An Apostle Sent by the Risen Jesus (1-2)
1. Who is the sender of this letter? How did Paul identify himself? What did he mean by "not sent by men"? (2, 12) Who was with him? Who is the recipient? How did they hear the gospel? (11; 4:13; Acts 16:6, 18:23)
II. To Rescue Us From this Evil Age (3-5)
2. Where can we obtain grace and peace? Why list both, why that order, and what does this personally mean to you? How is Jesus identified? Who is Jesus to you? What did Jesus do for us? (4-5)
III. No Other Gospel (6-10)
3. What is the astonishing truth? How should this concern us?
4. What was the problem with the "new" truth? (7a) What is the motivation of the preachers of the "new" gospel? (7b)
5. What will happen to those who pervert the gospel? (8) What does "other than what you accepted" imply?
6. What does verse 10 indicate the motive of those who preached the "new" gospel? Why isn't the world pleased with the gospel? What can we learn about being a man or woman of God?
IV. They Praised God Because of Me (11-24)
7. What did Paul call the believers in Jesus in Galatia? What did he want them to know? How then did Paul learn of the gospel he preached? (12)
8. What can you learn about Paul's way of life before he accepted Jesus and the gospel? (13; Acts 8:1-3, 9:1-2) What was he zealous for? (14) What was wrong with the traditions of his fathers? (Mark 7:6-8)
9. When did God set Paul, the persecutor of the church apart and how does this apply to you? (15) Why was God pleased to do this? (16a) What did Paul do immediately after Jesus visited him on the road to Damascus? (16b-17) Why might he do this?
10. After three years what did Paul do? (18-21) Did anyone in Judea know him personally before this? What report did the believing Jews know about Paul and how did they respond? (23-24) Have people recognized a change in you since you accepted Jesus and what was their response to it?