Set Your Hearts on Things Above
Questions for Study 3
Key Verse: 3:1
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Take Off Your Old Self (1-11)
1. What should govern the thoughts of those in Jesus? (1-2) How can we know about these things? (Rom. 16:25-27; Eph. 3:8-9; Phil. 4:8)
2. How are we hidden? (3) When will we not be hidden? (4, 10; Rom. 6:5; and 1 John 3:2)
3. What should we put away? Why? What does verse 11 have to say about our new self?
II. Clothe Yourself With... (12-17)
4. What does it mean that we are God's children? (12a) How should God's children live?
5. Why would God's children need to bearing with each other? How can we do this? (13b; Matt. 6:12) What is the greatest virtue we should live by? Why?
6. What should rule our hearts? How can this happen?
7. How should we praise the Lord in song?
8. What does it mean to do things in the name of the Lord? (17)
III. Households (3:18-4:1)
9. Why could it be hard to submit to someone? What example of love should husbands live by? What goes against the thought and action of obeying? What does it mean to embitter someone?
10. How can slavery be applied to today's world? What can workers and managers learn?
11. Why should we follow these rules? When will we receive a reward?