A Covenant Between the Lord, King Joash and the People
Questions for Study 9
2 Kings 11:1-12:21
Memory Verses: 1
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. Athaliah and Joash (11:1-21)
1. What did Athaliah do in order to seize power in Judah? (1-3) What did Jehoiada do? (4-8) How was this an act of faith? (2 Sam. 7:11b-16)
2. What did Jehoiada do when he established Joash king of Judah? (9-12) What irony is in Athaliah's words? (13-14) How does selfishness and pride blind us to own sins? (Matt. 7:1-6)
3. What were the priests sure to do? (15-16) Why?
4. What was the first things done during Joash's reign? (17-18) From the people's reaction what can we learn about Athaliah's reign? (19-21)
II. Joash Repairs the Temple (12:1-21)
5. Who helped young King Joash? (1-3) What was his reign like under his help? What did the people continue to do?
6. What did young Joash set into motion? (4-5) How long did the priests collect money for the project? (6-8) What might be the reason for this?
7. How did the king solve the problem? (9-12) How was the work conducted? (13-16)
8. Who attacked the Philistines? (17) Where was he going to attack next? Why might the Lord allow this to happen after Joash had repaired the temple? (2 Chron. 24:17-27) What can we learn about finishing our life of faith? (Matt. 13:18-23)
9. What did Joash used to pay off the king of Aram? (18)
10. How did Joash die? (19-21)