Questions for Study 9
2 Chronicles 22:10-23:21
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. Athaliah and Joash (22:10-12)
1. How did Athaliah respond when she learned of Jehu's actions? (10-12) How was the line of David kept? What does this say about the character of Athaliah and Jehosheba?
II. Athaliah Dethroaned and Killed (23:1-21)
2. What did Jehoiada do? (1-3) How was this an act of faith? (2 Sam. 7:11b-16)
3. What did Jehoiada do when he established Joash king of Judah? (8-11)
4. What irony is in Athaliah's words? (12-13) How does selfishness and pride blind us to own sins? (Matt. 7:1-6)
5. What were the priests sure to do? (14-15) Why?
6. What was the first things done during Joash's reign? (16-17) From the people's reaction what can we learn about Athaliah's reign? (18-21)
7. Considering that the line of David who received a promise from the Lord about his descendant what can we learn about God that his line was preserved?