Questions for Study 6
2 Chronicles 16:1-18:34
Memory Verse: 16:9
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE KINGDOMS OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM AND THE TEMPLE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE OF ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MAPS OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
I. Asa, King of Judah's Last Years (16:1-14)
1. What did king Baasha do to stop traffic between Israel and Judah? (1) Why might he want to stop traffic? How did Asa, king of Judah respond? (2-3) Was is right to take money from the temple to do this? Did his plan succeed?
2. What did Hanani the seer tell king Asa? (7-9) What does the Lord look for in everyone on earth? (9) What did Jesus have to say about this? (Luke 10:25-28)
3. How did king Asa respond? (10) What other evil thing did he do? How did he die? (11-12) What can be learned about what it means to fully dedicated to the Lord?
II. Jehoshaphat King of Judah (17:1-19)
4. Who was Jehoshaphat? (1) What is important about his life in God's eyes? (3-6a; 1 Kings 22:43a) What did he try to do just as his father, Asa try to do and why was it wrong to offer sacrifices on the high places? (6b; 14:5; 15:17; 20:33; 1 Kings 22:43b)
5. How was his faith displayed in his actions as king? (7-9; 1 Kings 22:45-46)
6. How did his relationship with God effect the kingdom Jehoshaphat ruled? (10-11, 20:29-30; 1 Kings 22:44, 47)
III. Micaiah Prophesies Against King Ahab (18:1-34)
7. How was Jehoshaphat involved with King Ahab? (1-3) How did Jehoshaphat show his faith in the Lord? (3)
8. What was the message of Ahab's lying prophets? (6, 9-11) What did Jehoshaphat realize about these prophets? (7) What did Jesus warn us about false prophets? (Matt. 7:15-20)
9. Who was Micaiah? (7-8) Even though he was instructed by man what to say what was Micaiah's prophecy? (12-17) What vision did Micaiah see in regard to the lying prophets? (18-22) What can be learned about the Lord?
10. How did Ahab treat Micaiah? (23-27; Prov. 9:7-9) What can be learned about being a servant of the Lord in a sinful generation? (Mark 8:38, 13:13)
11. Why does what a king wears matter when going into battle? (28-29) How can the hand of the Lord be seen in Ahab's death as prophesied? How did Israel's army react to the news of the death of their king?