David Looks to the Future
Questions for Study 10
1 Chronicles 21:1-26:32
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF DAVID'S CONQUESTS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE UNITED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM AND THE TEMPLE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM BABYLON TO ROMAN EMPIRES.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE OF ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MAPS OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
I. David's Self Confidence (21:1-30)
1. What did the Lord tell David to do? How did David respond?
2. What happened to David when he got the count? Who did the Lord send to David? What three options did David have? What does David's choice tell us?
3. Was the Lord merciful as David said? (17-18) What did David do for his people? How is this a change of heart for David?
II. David Preparations to Build the Temple (22:1-19)
4. What was David's desire? (22:1, 5) What did he mean by "the house of the Lord"? What was "the altar of burnt offering"? Where did David get labors? (2) Where did the cedar come from? (3) Was David's plans and actions the Lord's intent for the king, his people, and his name?
5. Why was David told by the Lord that he could not build the temple? (8) Did this deter his desire to build the temple? (15-16) What did he tell Solomon he could do and why? (9-10) Even though David had prepared for Solomon to build the temple, what was Solomon personally responsible to do? (11-13)
III. Those Who Serve the Lord in the Temple (23:1-26:32)
6. Who did David make the next king of Israel? (1) What were the circumstances of his birth? (2 Samuel 12:24-25) Who did he prepare to support Solomon's rule? (2)
7. Who were the Levites? (Ex. 30:27-29; Nu. 1:47-53) What had God instructed Moses what they were to do? Now that the Israel was established in the promised land and Jerusalem was chosen to be it's temple what problem was there ? (25-26) What new responsibility did David give the Levites?
8. How can the ministry of temple worship and word be described? (24:19) What had always been the Lord's intent according to Deut. 16:11?
9. What was always a part of service of the Levites? (25:1) What accompanied prophesying?
10. What would be the need of gatekeepers? (26:1) What did this include? (26:20)