The Remnant of Israel
Questions for Study 8
Memory Verse: 20
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Judgement on Assyria (5-19)
1. Who was Assyria and how was God going to use it? (5-6) What angered God? Was Jesus ever angry? (Mark 3:4-5; John 2:14-17)
2. How was Assyria's intentions different than the Lord's even though they would be doing his work? (7) What was Assyria's motivation to attack Judah? What did Assyria know and not fear about Judah?
3. Why was Assyria going to be punished? (12) What would they not acknowledge? (13-14) What must all tools of God remember? (15; Luke 17:10)
4. How quickly would Assyria fall when it attacks Jerusalem? (16-19) When did this happen? (Isaiah 36:1, 37:5-7, 18-23, 36-38)
II. The Remnant of Israel and Judah (20-23)
5. What does "in that day" mean? Who are the remnant? What will they do?
6. What does it mean to return to the Mighty God? (21) What was decreed? Why might only a few return to Jerusalem?
III. My Anger Against Zion Will End (24-34)
7. What words of encouragement was given Zion? Why? (25) What can be learned about the Lord?
8. What happened to Midian and Egypt after they mistreated Israel? What does the Lord promise about the mistreatment this world's kingdoms impose on God's people? (27)
9. What would be the track of invading Assyria? (28-32) What is again predicted of their advance? (33-34) Why did the Lord go in such detail about Assyria's fall?