Questions for Study 4
Memory Verse: 3
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. The Lord's Throne (1-4)
1. When did the events in this chapter take place? What can be known about this time? (2 Chron. 26:1-5, 16-18, 27:1-6)
2. Where was Isaiah at the time he saw this vision? (1-2) What part of this vision reveals God's holiness? What part reveals God's sovereignty over all the earth? What else does this vision teach about God?
II. Send Me (5-8)
3. Why was Isaiah so overcome? What did he discover about his society and about himself? What did he realize about God?
4. How did God solve Isaiah's guilt problem? His sin problem? What do you learn here about God, man, and sin?
5. Why might the Lord ask such questions and what do they teach about him? How did Isaiah respond to God's call? How did his vision of God prepare him to respond to God's call?
III. Go! (9-13)
6. What were God's instructions to Isaiah? Why would his mission be difficult? Can you find any relation to the condition of society and the people's hardness? How can God's love also have a hardening effect?
7. Why might Isaiah ask, "For how long, O Lord"?
8. What was the Lord's answer? (11b-12) Will it happen more than once? (13a)
9. What message of hope is given? (13b)