The Lord Gave Moses a Song
Questions for Study 23
Memory Verse: 13
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF THE DIVISION OF THE PROMISED LAND.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A TIMELINE FROM MOSES TO DAVID.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. The Lord is the Rock (31:30-32:6)
1. What is this chapter about? What kind of song was this? (1-2)
2. Who is the subject of the song? How is God described? How is Jesus the Rock?
3. Did the Israelites show love toward the Lord? (5) Did the Lord love them? (6) What can we learn about having a love relationship with the Lord?
II. The Lord's Portion (32:7-33)
4. What did the Lord give Israel? (7-9) What had Israel been like? (10-11) Who lead them out of a barren land? (12)
5. How had the Lord provided for Israel? (13-14) When all went well with Israel what did they do? (15) How did they anger their Savior? (16-18)
6. What did the Lord decide to do with his people? (19-22) To what point? (23-27) What would be the Lord's instrument? (28-32) Why did the Lord tell them this before they entered the promised land?
III. There is No God Beside the Lord (32:34-47)
7. Whose is it to avenge? (34-35) Who does he have compassion on? (32-38) What questions does the Lord ask idol worshippers? (37-38)
8. What does the Lord reveal about his character in verse 39? What does it mean "no one can deliver out of my hand"?
9. What will happen to those who hate the Lord? (40-41) Is their judgement permanent? (42)
10. What does atonement mean? (34) How did Jesus make atonement?