The Lord Causes the Arameans to Run
Questions for Study 6
2 Kings 7:3-8:15
Memory Verses: 6
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
I. The Sound of Chariots and Horses (7:3-9)
1. What had four Samaritan lepers decided to do? (3-4) What did they discover in the Arameans camp? Why had the Arameans abandoned their camp? (6-7)
2. What did the lepers start to do? (8) What did they eventually realize? (9) What can be learned from them? (Luke 8:39, 15:8-10)
II. The Lord Keeps His Word (7:10-20)
3. What did the lepers tell Samaria? What did the king believe? Did he believe the word of the Lord through Elisha? (1) How does faith change our perspective?
4. What did the king's officers propose? How had the kings words given them fatalism? What can we learn? (Eccl. 5:2-3; Col. 3:15-17)
5. What did the soldiers find out about the Aramean retreat? (14-15) What did the desperate Samaritans do when they found out the Arameans left everything in their retreat? (16)
6. What happened to the officer who did not believe the Lord's word through Elisha? (17-20) What can we learn about as we study the Bible and don't understand everything? (John 2:22, 6:63; Heb. 4:12-13)
III. Hazael's Pride Kills (8:1-15)
7. Who had Elisha helped earlier and where had she been? (1-2, 4:1-37) Why did she need to go to the king? How did the Lord use her obedience to be a witness to others?
8. What was the king interested in? (4) Was it just coincidence that the woman walked in when she did? (5) How had the Lord taken care of her while giving a chance for the king to be strengthen in faith? (6) What can we learn about the Lord's love? (2 Cor. 9:8-9)
9. Why was the king of Aram surprised about Elisha's visit? (7-8) What did he want to know? (9) What paradox was given? (10)
10. What surprising thing did the prophet do? (11) What was the reason for it? (12) What did Elisha tell the officer? (13) Why might the officer answer his king the way he did? (14) Was his response to the Lord's word correct? (15) Is it possible to study and believe the Lord's word and yet still be in error? (Matthew 13:37-43, 23:1-39; Luke 6:46-49)