Questions for Study 19
1 Kings 22:1-53
Memory Verses: 1
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Prophecies Against Ahab (22:1-28)
1. How was Jehoshaphat involved with Kig Ahab? (1-5)How did Jehoshaphat show his faith in the Lord? (5) What was the message of Ahab's lying prophets? (6, 10-12) What did Jehoshaphat realize about these prophets? (7) What did Jesus warn us about false prophets? (Matt. 7:15-20)
2. Who was Micaiah? (8-9) Even though he was instructed by man what to say what was Micaiah's prophecy? (13-17) What vision did Micaiah see in regard to the lying prophets? (18-23) What can be learned about the Lord?
3. How did Ahab treat Micaiah? (24-28; Prov. 9:7-9) What can be learned about being a servant of the Lord in a sinful generation? (Mark 8:38, 13:13)
II. Ahab Killed (22:29-40)
4. Why does what a king wears matter when going into battle? (29-30) What did it mean in this battle? (31-33) How can the hand of the Lord be seen in Ahab's death as prophesied? (34-35, 37-38)
5. How did Israel's army react to the news of the death of their king? (36) What kind of king was Ahab from a human point of view? (39-40) From God's point of view? From God's point of view? (16:30)
6. How did Jezebel end her life? (2 Kings 9:30-36) What does Ahab and Jezebel's deaths this teach about God?
III. Jehoshaphat and Ahaziah (22:41-53)
7. Who was Jehoshaphat? (41-42) What is important about his life in God's eyes? (43; and 2 Chron. 17:3-6) How was his faith displayed in his actions as king? (45-46; and 2 Chron. 17:7-9)
8. Why was it wrong to offer sacrifices on the high places? (43b) Why might he not remove them?
9. How did his relationship with God effect the kingdom Jehoshaphat ruled? (44, 47; and 2 Chron. 17:10-11, 20:29-30) Why might the sunken fleet be mentioned? (48-50; and 2 Chron. 20:35-37)
10. How did Jehoshaphat's parents affect his life? (43) How did Ahaziah's parents affect his life? (51-53)