Elijah, A Servant of God's Word
Questions for Study 14
1 Kings 16:29-17:24
Memory Verses: 14
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Ahab, King of Israel (16:29-34)
1. Who was King in Samaria? (16:29) What kind of man was he? (30; and 1 Kings 12:25-33, 13:33-34) To what extent did he extend the sins of Israel? (31-33) What else happened during Elijah ministry? (34)
II. Fed by the Ravens (17:1-6)
2. Who is Elijah? (1-2; 2 Kings 1:8) When had God begun sending prophets to his people? (Num. 12;6; Deut. 13:1-5, 18:14-22; Jud. 6:7-9; and 1 Sam. 3:20, 7:15-17, 9:9, 10:10-13)
3. What is Elijah's position in history? (Mal. 4:5; Mark 8:28, 9:4,5) What does God's call of Elijah show about God's love for the people of Israel? (Genesis 18:32; Isaiah 1:1-9)
4. Why was there no rain in Israel? (James 5:17)
5. How did God feed Elijah during the famine? (3-4)
6. What did he do? (5-6) What do you think God wanted to teach Israel through this experience? What do you think God wanted to teach Elijah?
III. The Widow of Zarephath (7-24)
7. How did God continue to help Elijah? (7-9) What was the situation of the widow of Zarephath? (12) How did the widow of Zarephath show her faith? (10-14) How did God bless her faith? (15-16)
8. Why did the widow begin to resent Elijah? (17-18) How did the child come alive again? (19-21)
9. What can be learned from his prayer?
10. How could Elijah be recognized as a man of God? (24)