Jeroboam Rejected and Rehoboam Becomes King
Questions for Study 12
1 Kings 14:1-31
Memory Verse: 14
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW MAPS OF THE DIVIDED KINGDOM OF ISRAEL.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. Jeroboam Tries to Sneak a Message From God (14:1-5)
1. What happened in Jeroboam's household? (1) Where did he send his wife? (2) Why there and why in disguise? (11:29; Jos. 18:1; Jud. 18:31; and 1 Sam. 1:3, 3:21, 4:4)
2. What did Jeroboam want? (3-4) Why didn't he go to one of the gold calves he had set up? What did the Lord tell his prophet Ahijah before she arrived? (5) What can be learned about the Lord?
II. Judgement Pronounced Against Israel (14:6-20)
3. Why did Ahijah greet her before she arrived? (6) What did he tell her? (7-9)
4. What was sure to happen? (10-11) What will happen to the boy? (12) Why? How did the Lord honor the boy, the only one to be found with anything good?
5. What will happen to Jeroboam? To Israel (the northern ten tribes)?
6. Did the prophet's words come true? (17-18) Why weren't all the events of Jeroboam's reign recorded here? (19) Who succeeded him?
III. Judah Did Evil During Rehoboam's Reign (14:21-31)
7. Who was Rehoboam? (21) What kind of lives did Judah live? (22) How did they compare to the Gentiles? (23-24) Where they worse than them? (Rom. 9:4-5; Matt. 11:20-24) What should we do who have been given more than they? (Heb. 6:4-8)
8. What happened to Judah? (25-26) How did Rehoboam respond? (27) What must have he thought when he went to the Lord's temple after that? (28)
9. How was it between the northern tribes and the southern tribes? (29-32)