Who Jesus Christ Is
Questions for Study 1
Memory Verses: 1:3b
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW AN OUTLINE OF HEBREWS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ AN INTRODUCTION TO HEBREWS
I. Jesus Christ, the Son of God (1:1-14)
1. How did God speak in the past to reveal himself to men? What do you learn about Jesus from the fact that finally God spoke to us by his Son Jesus?
2. What does the writer tell us in verses 1-4 about Jesus? Who is he? Where is he? What did he do? What does he do now?
3. What do verses 4-14 tell us about angels? In what respects is Jesus superior to angles? What Scriptures prove that the Messiah is not an angel, but is far superior to angels?
II. Pay Careful Attention (2:1-4)
4. Why must we pay careful attention to what God has spoken to us? What does it mean "pay more careful attention" and "do not drift away"?
5. What was the great salvation announced, confirmed and testified? Why can we not ignore such a great salvation?
III. Crowned with Glory (2:5-18)
6. What is the main point of Psalm 8:4-6? Why did God make Jesus a little lower than the angels (9)
7. God made Jesus a little lower than the angels. But why was he crowned with glory and honor again? At the end of verse 9, what does "he might taste death for everyone" mean?
8. How did God choose to bring many sons to glory? (10-11)
9. Why is it significant that Jesus is our brother? (11-12) How does the Scriptures confirm the fact that we, along with Jesus, are God's children? (11-13)
10. Why was it necessary for Jesus to share in our humanity in order to accomplish our salvation? How does his death give us real freedom? What do these verses teach us about the devil's power and way of working?