Every Spiritual Blessing in Christ
Questions for Study 1
Key Verse: 2:3
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE INTRODUCTION.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ AN OUTLINE.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PAUL'S FIRST AND SECOND MISSIONARY TRIPS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF PAUL'S THIRD MISSIONARY TRIP.
I. Gratings (1-2)
1. Who is the sender of this letter? How did Paul identify himself? Are you in the will of God for your life? Who is the recipient? How did they hear the gospel? What does it mean to be a saint? What does it mean to be faithful?
2. Where can we obtain grace and peace? Why list both? How is Jesus identified and what does this personally mean to you? What is grace? What is the peace of God?
II. The Glory and Headship of Christ (3-14)
3. What can we praise God for? (3) What are we blessed with? (Gal. 5:22-23) When did God chose us? For what purpose did he chose us? What was God's motivation?
4. What does it mean to be adopted? (4, Matt. 12:46-50, John 10:16) Why would he do this? How is this grace to us? (6) Who is the One God loves? (Matt. 3:17, 17:5; and 2 Peter 1:17)
5. What does it mean to be redeemed? How are we redeemed? What can we learn from God's wisdom and understanding?
6. What is the mystery of God's will? (9-10) When will this be put into effect?
7. What does it mean to us to know we are part of God's plan? Why were we predestined? (12) After hearing the gospel and believing what does God do? Why is the Holy Spirit a deposit? (Consider this a promissory note.)
III. God's Purpose and Power (15-23)
8. Why did Paul give thanks? What hint do we get about Paul's prayer life? What does the Spirit of wisdom and revelation tell us about Bible study? (17, John 14:26)
9. What is the eye of the heart? (18-19a, Matt. 6:22) What three things should they eye of the heart see? What is our hope? What is our inheritance? What is his power? What is it like? (19b-20)
10. What title does Jesus have? Who is the head of the church? What does it mean that we are his body?