To The Ends of the Earth
Questions for Study 1
Memory Verse: 8
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ AN INTRODUCTION TO ACTS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ AN OUTLINE TO ACTS.
BEFORE ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW A MAP OF JERUSALEM IN NEW TESTAMENT TIMES.
I. The Ministry of the Risen Christ (1-5)
1. Who writes to whom? (1) What is the difference between the book of Acts and the gospel of Luke? (1:1-5)
2. What are the main themes of the book of Acts? Why are they important?
3. What did Jesus do after his resurrection? (3; John 20:1-21:23) What command does Jesus give his apostles? (4; Luke. 24:49) What promise does he include? (5)
II. To The Ends of the Earth (6-11)
4. What is the main concern of the disciples at this time? (6)
5. What is Jesus' answer? (7) Instead, what does Jesus promise for them? (8a) What command does he give them to obey? (8b)
6. What happen to Jesus after this instruction? (9) What was his disciples doing? (10) What is the rebuke and promise of the angels? (11)