The Fifth Meeting
Questions for Study 5
Song of Solomon 6:4-8:4
Memory Verse: 4
SORRY, THE QUESTIONS FOR THIS BOOK HAS NOT BEEN STARTED.
CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF BOOKS THAT ARE COMPLETED.
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Exchange Between Beloved and Friends (6:4-12)
1. What does the bridegroom declare in verse 4? How does he describe her in verses 5-7? Why is it important for a husband to remind his spouse that she is attractive?
2. How did he compare his bride to others? (8-9) Why is it important for a husband to tell his wife that he wants to be with her only and above all others?
3. Why might the bride look like the sun? (10) How is Jesus' bride made like this? (Isaiah 1:18; Revelation 3:4, 7:14, 22:14-15)
4. What did the bridegroom do? (11-12)
II. Exchange Between Beloved and Friends (6:13-8:4)
5. How does the bridegroom describe his lover in verses 1-4? In verses 5-8a?
6. How do they declare their love for each other? (8b-13) How is this like our relationship with Jesus? (Ephesians 5:25-33) How would the bride be disgraced if they came together before they were married? (1-4)
III. Climax and Conclusion (8:5-14)
7. What do the friends ask? (5a) How is love described in verses 5b-7? And in 1 Corinthians 13:4-13?
8. What advice do the friends give for young ladies? (8-9) What might this mean? (1 Timothy 2:9-15, 3:11; and 1 Peter 3:1-6)
9. What does the bride give to her lover? (10-12) What gifts can we give to Jesus? (John 14:15, 15:16-17)
10. Why the couple is married what happened? (13) What is the climax of this song? (14) What does Jesus promise us? (John 14:1-4)