The Fourth Meeting
Questions for Study 4
Song of Solomon 5:2-6:3
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. Exchange Between Beloved and Friends (5:2-16)
1. What did the king bridegroom say when he came to the door of his lover's room? (2) How did she react to his almost arrival? (3-4) What does Jesus say to us as we wait for him? (Matthew 24:42-44, 25:7-13; Mark 13:32-37; Luke 12:35-40)
2. When she opened the door was her bridegroom there? How did she feel? How does Jesus assure us even though he had departed this world? (John 16:19-24)
3. When the bridegroom was away what did the watchmen do to the bride? (7) How is this the same with us now that Jesus is gone? (John 17:11-15; Matthew 10:21-23, 24:9) What does it mean to be faint with love?
4. What did the friends of the bride want to know? (9) How does this help us understand preaching the gospel? (1 Corinthians 2:1-5)
5. How did the bride describe her lover's head? (10-11) His face? (12-13) His torso and legs? (14-15) How is the risen Jesus described? (Matthew 17:1-2; Mark 9:2-3; Luke 9:28-29; Revelation 1:12-16, 4:2-3)
6. How is the bridegrooms mouth described? How is Jesus' mouth powerful and sweet?
II. Exchange Between Beloved and Friends (6:1-3)
7. What had the bride enticed her friends to do? (1) Where was her lover? (2-3) What wisdom can be gained from this study concerning our gospel work?