The Glorious Faith and Hope
Questions for Study 7
Memory Verse: 17
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. The Glorious Faith (1-17)
1. Why is there no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus? What does this mean practically? (1-4)
2. What are the 2 kinds of people described in verses 5-11? What do physical people think about and talk about? Why can such people not please God? What is the outcome of this kind of life?
3. What do spiritual people think about? What is the result? (5,6) Who controls the Christian? How is it that believing the death and resurrection of Jesus makes us spiritual people? (11)
4. What does the Spirit do for us when he dwells in us? (11, 13, 14, 15, 16) How do we know that we are God's children? What glorious hope does this give us?
II. The Glorious Hope (18-27)
5. Read verses 17 and 18. What is the living hope which we have? Why must men and the world still suffer?
6. Read verses 19-22. Why and when and by whom was the creation subjected to frustration? For what is all creation waiting?
7. Read verse 23. What does it mean that we have the first fruits of the Spirit? What does it mean to wait for adoption as sons? Why must we wait patiently in hope for God and his kingdom?
8. According to verses 18-25, what is the glorious salvation plan of God? How does the Spirit help us wait and pray? (26-27) What is his prayer topics?