The First Six of the Seven Trumpets
Questions for Study 7
Memory Verse: 10
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. The Prayers of the Saints (8:2-5)
1. What was given to seven special angles? (2) What traditionally were they used for? (Num. 10:1-10, 29:1-6; Josh. 6:1-20; Ps. 81:2-4; Lev. 23:23-25; Heb. 12:18-29)
2. What was a censer used for? (3-4; Lev. 16:12; Num. 16:17-18) Why might the angel hurl it to the earth? (5) Why does this reveal about why the seven trumpets will be sounded?
II. The First Four Trumpets (8:6-13)
3. What can we learn from the angels who waited to blow their trumpets? (6) What happened after the first angel sounded his trumpet? (7) What happened after the second angel sounded his trumpet? (8-9)
4. What happened after the third angel sounded his trumpet? (10-11) What does wormwood mean? What might cause such an event as this?
5. What happened after the fourth angel sounded his trumpet? (12) What would have to be concluded by most of the people on earth after these trumpets sounded?
6. What was the woe given? (13) Who delivered it?
III. The Fifth and Sixth Trumpets (9:1-21)
7. What happened after the fifth angel sounded his trumpet? What did the star that fell from the sky to the earth do?
8. What happened to earth's inhabitants when the Abyss was opened? (2-5) What did every one else want? (6) Who was spared this? Who was doing this to them? (7-12)
9. What happened when the sixth angel sounded his trumpet? (13-15) Where is the river Euphrates?
10. What do the horses and riders sound like and how might John, a first century man be at a lost to describe them? (17-19) Why wouldn't men repent? (20-21) What does this say about sinful man?