The New Heaven, the New Earth, the New Jerusalem
Questions for Study 15
Memory Verse: 10
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. The New Heaven and New Earth (21:1-8)
1. After the judgement at the great white throne what happened? (1) What appears for the first time? (2; Rev. 3:12) What does it mean that it is prepared like a bride? What does the appearance of the new Jerusalem mean for saved mankind? (3)
2. What will living with God be like? (4) What is finished? (5-6) What does it mean to overcome? (7) Compare the overcomer to those in verse 8. How does a decision now affect where we will be in the future?
II. New Jerusalem: the Bride's Home (21:9-27)
3. Who is the bride of the Lamb and where do they live? (9-10) Who is the bride of the Lamb and where do they live? (9-10) What is the glory of God? (11; and 2 Chron. 5:13-14; Prov. 25:2; John 11:40)
4. How is the new Jerusalem described? (12-14) Drawing pictures from its measurements what shapes are possible? (15-17) What materials are foundation and streets usually made from and what does this tell us about the new Jerusalem? (18-21)
5. What can we learn from verse 22? Does verses 23-25 indicate that the sun and moon won't exist at this time? (John 3:19-21, 8:12) Why will things be brought into the new Jerusalem? (26-27; Psalm 72:7-14)
III. The River of Life (22:1-6)
6. What was flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb? (1) As it flowed down stream what was growing on its bank? (2) Where was this tree once growing? (Gen. 2:8-9) What tree was missing and why? (3; Gen. 2:16-17, 3:17)
7. According to verses 4-5 what was the source of life and healing: the water, the fruit, the leaves, or someone else? How is the sequential prophecy of our future ended? (6)
IV. Jesus is Coming (22:7-21)
8. What does Jesus tell us as recorded in verse 7? Who are considered servants of God? (8-9) What does it mean to worship a servant rather than God?
9. Why are we given this book? (10-11) What does Jesus coming mean? (12-15) What are all the ways Jesus is described in these verses?
10. What are we, Jesus' bride to do until he comes? (17) What are we not to do? (18-19) How have many done this? What promise is given us in verses 20-21?