Take Your Sickle and Reap
Questions for Study 10
Memory Verse: 10
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.
I. The Lamb and the 144,000 (14:1-5)
1. Who is the Lamb? (1, 5:6, 7:14) Why is Jesus referred to as the Lamb so many times in this book? How is the song of praise described in verses 2 and 3?
2. What does it mean that the 144,000 did not defile themselves with women? (4) What is a firstfruits?
3. Why might what we say be important to our relationship to Jesus? What does being blameless imply?
II. The Three Angels (14:6-13)
4. What is the gospel? (6) What does the fact that it is eternal mean? Is anyone exempt from the effect of the gospel?
5. What is the fear of God and why is it good? (7) Who made everything? (John 1:1-3, 14)
6. What was and is Babylon? (8; Dan. 1:1, 2:36-45) What is its maddening wine?
7. What is the result of those who worship the wrong identity? (9-10) What does it mean that the smoke rises for ever? (11) Is it easy to live by faith in Jesus? (12) What will happen to those who do not remain faithful to Jesus? What does it mean that our deeds follow us?
III. The Harvest (14:14-20)
8. What did the angel on the cloud look like? (14) What is a sickle and when is it used? (15) How is this sickle used? (16; Mark 4:26-29)
9. Why use two sickles? (17; Matt. 13:30) What is the difference between wheat and weeds that look like wheat (tares, darnel)? What can we learn about being a true follower of Jesus? (Matt. 3:8; John 15:8)
10. Who is depicted as grapes throughout the Bible? (18; 3:14-15, 5:3-4; John 15:5) What then is the second angle doing? (19)