Rejoice in the Lord
Questions for Study 4
Key Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTS.
I. The Secrets in Rejoicing in the Lord (1-7)
1. How did Paul regard the Philippian Christians? (1) In what respect did they reflect gospel faith? (3:3, 17-21) How did they show their world mission faith practically? (10,15)
2. What does Paul's admonition to Euodia and Syntyche show about his regard for women in the work of the church? (2-3)
3. What did Paul say here about rejoicing? (5b) Why did he state this admonition as an imperative? How can one always rejoice? What is the significance of "in the Lord"? (4)
4. What is true gentleness? (5b; Gen. 18; Mt. 11:29)
5. How can Christians overcome anxiety and have God's peace in their hearts? (6-7)
II. Think About Something Excellent and Praiseworthy (8-9)
6. What should Christians think about? Why is one's inner thought life so important? (Matt. 12:34; 15:18-20) Why is it hard to think about things that are excellent and praiseworthy in our present world? (Gal. 5:17-18) How can we do this? (2 Tim. 2:22 Acts 7:55)
7. What does it mean to think about "whatever is noble"?
8. Why is it important to think about pure things?
9. What can we learn? (9)
III. The Secret of Being content in All Circumstances (10-20)
10. What did Paul say in verse 11? Why is it so hard for human beings to be content in good circumstances or bad? What was Paul's secret to overcome himself in all circumstances? (12-13, 19) What does this suggest about our real problem? (20)