Judgment and Hope
Questions for Study 3
Memory Verse: 4
AFTER ANSWERING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ THE COMMENTARY.r />
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF THE KINGDOMS OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW OLD TESTAMENT BOOKS TIMELINE.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ ABOUT ISRAEL'S HISTORY.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF MAJOR EVENTS FROM BABYLON TIMES TO ROMAN OCCUPATION OF JUDAH.
BEFORE READING PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A LIST OF ISRAEL'S KINGS AND PROPHETS.
I. The Coming Judgment (6:1-16)
1. What did the Lord tell the mountains? (1-2) What questions did he ask? (3) Why might he be asking this?
2. What should have Israel remembered? (4-6) Why was it important to remember this? With what shall we come before the LORD and bow down before the exalted God?
3. Was the Mosaic sacrificial system enough to take away sins? (7) Whose son was the only acceptable sacrifice for our sins? (1 Peter 1:17-21; and 1 John 1:7-10)
4. What is the Lord's rod and why are we to fear it? (9-10) What does it mean to be acquitted? (11-12)
5. What happened to Judah because she was found guilty and refused the Lord's offer to forgive? (13-16) Is the Lord dealings with people the same today? (Heb. 13:8)
II. Lament for Corruption (7:1-6)
6. What did the Lord compare himself to? (1-2a) Why? How did Jesus show this in his day? (Mark 11:20-21)
7. What will it be like on the day God comes to visit us? (4) What are we warned? (5-6) How did Jesus apply verses 4-6 to his first coming and claim his divinity?
III. A Bright Future for God's People (7:7-20)
8. What was Micah sure of? (7) What did he tell his enemies? (8-9) What was he sure they will see? (10-11)
9. What did he say about the Messianic age in verse 12? What will have happened just before it? How will the Lord's people have it different? (14) When Jesus comes again what will happen? (15-17)
10. What can we learn about God in verse 18-20?